- 1 tablespoon of Agnihotra Ash
- 1 liter of water
- Piece of cloth
- Cotton or gauze
- Put one tablespoon of Agnihotra ash into one litre of water.
- Now take a piece of cloth, gauze or cotton and soak it with this Agnihotra ash water and place it on the affected area of the body.
- Place a terry towel on top in order to catch excessive moisture, and leave the Agnihotra compress on for 10-15 minutes.
- Then repeat the process again.
- Agnihotra compresses can be applied with cold water for a cooling effect on such problems as sprained ankle, headache, calf-wrap for fever, neck wrap for sore throat, angina, contusions and sport injuries etc.
- It can also be used with hot water (as hot as is comfortable) when warmth is needed e.g. liver and gall bladder problems, back pains, heart troubles, etc.